I'm calling for the community to nominate local business women for the Telstra Business Women's Awards.
Nominations are now open for the Awards, which shine a light on women who have challenged the status quo, done things their own way and achieved success.
There are many women in Charlestown, who by challenging traditional approaches to business, are setting examples to inspire future female leaders.
Anyone can nominate a business woman they admire, with nominations now open until Thursday, 8 November, across five Award categories:
- Small Business Award - For innovative women who are blazing a trail in their own business.
- Medium & Large Business Award - For high-achieving and ambitious individuals in the private and corporate sector who define the direction of their business in everything they do, no matter their job title.
- Public Sector & Academia Award - For women who've dedicated themselves to making an impact in education or the public service.
- For Purpose & Social Enterprise Award - For leaders and employees of organisations making a positive difference to the world around them, from social missions to environmental change.
- Emerging Leader Award - For the up-and-coming talent of tomorrow, under the age of 30.
Participation in the Telstra Business Women’s Awards starts with a simple nomination. Anyone can nominate – friends, family, employees, colleagues, clients, customers or yourself.
To nominate, visit: telstrabusinesswomensawards.com/nominate